Republic Finance is seeking an outstanding, business-minded attorney with expertise in consumer finance to join its Legal & Compliance team. In business for over 60 years, we are proud to be a trusted lender in over 200 communities across the Southeastern United States! Driven by our shared mission to pursue excellence for our customers, Republic Finance is a fast-growing consumer finance company that is continually innovating to serve customers when, where and how they want to be served. This is a key role with significant responsibilities operating within a collaborative, high-performing Legal & Compliance department and working closely with our Digital Product and Experience team. Job responsibilities are as follows:
- Analyze and report on consumer finance related regulatory, compliance, and legal issues
- Develop and maintain subject matter expertise with respect to assigned legal topics with a strong focus on internet-based lending and products, digital marketing, electronic funding, and lead generation
- Lead role in tracking, reporting, and advising on all developments related to key legal subjects, including internet-based lending and marketing, electronic funding, and data privacy and security
- Communicate and negotiate effectively with external parties (regulators, vendors, etc.)
- Communicate regularly with and make formal presentations and proposals to general counsel and executive management regarding policy and business considerations
- Remain current on relevant industry, consumer protection, and privacy laws and regulations to ensure ability to provide sound regulatory advice, and participate in industry working groups
- Collaborate closely with outside counsel as directed
- 2-5 years of relevant experience with the legal and regulatory aspects of consumer lending with a desire to become a subject matter expert in internet-based lending and products, digital marketing, electronic funding, and lead generation
- Knowledge and application of federal consumer protection laws and regulations, including but not limited to, ECOA, TILA, EFTA, FCRA, TCPA, GLBA, CAN-SPAM, and UDAAP, and any state-level law and regulation counterparts for Republic Finance’s footprint, particularly in an online operating environment.
- Ability to work with minimal direction and exercise independent judgment and discretion, anticipate and mitigate friction points, and take the initiative to promptly resolve and learn from challenges.
- Ability to assess risks and provide thoughtful advice in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to grasp technical concepts and convey them in a simple, user-friendly manner.
- Law degree - licensed by and in good standing with the at least one US state bar licensing authority.
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong PC skills required – proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401 (K) and employer match
- Company provided Life Insurance & Long-Term Disability
Additional benefits with Republic include:
- Regular drawings for sports tickets
- Employee of the Month Program
- Philanthropic support for charities such as Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation and the American Cancer Society
- Professional offices with a friendly team environment
Republic Finance, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age disability or veteran status in employment opportunities and benefits. Republic Finance, LLC maintains a Drug-Free Workplace. #zr2