At Republic Finance, we are building a leading consumer lending company. In business for over 60 years, we are proud to be a trusted lender in over 200 communities across the Southeastern United States! The Accountant I performs complex clerical and entry-level accounting activities efficiently and accurately. This includes daily accounting tasks, reconciliation of bank deposit accounts, regular communication with branch management and associates, document management, preparation of various accounting and financial reports, and related projects as required. Job responsibilities are as follows:
- Monthly reconciliation of branch office deposit bank accounts.
- Reconciliation of the Suspense Account.
- Verification of Returned Items.
- Understanding of the Foreign Account Payment Process.
- Managing the Cash Over/Short accounts.
- Correcting General Ledger (GL) Discrepancies.
- Understanding Payment Histories and use of the Memo Pad for research.
- Utilizing the Type Tender Reports for research.
- Assist with accurate expenditure coding, document processing & other accounting activities.
- Timely preparation of monthly journal entries.
- One year experience in a consumer lending branch, bank or credit union is a plus
- Associates degree in Accounting or Finance a plus, but not required. Equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as listed above.
- Ability to make sound, independent judgments within established guidelines.
- Outstanding analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time-management skills; ability to coordinate own work, set priorities and meet critical deadlines.
- Proactive and independent worker who takes initiative to complete assigned tasks and projects.
- Ability and desire to work with others in a cooperative, positive and constructive manner.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office products, including Excel and Access.
- Experience with ABS Vision and/or MS Dynamics General Ledger a plus.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Paid Vacation
- 401 (K) and employer match
- Company provided Life Insurance & Long Term Disability
Additional benefits with Republic include:
- Regular drawings for sports tickets
- Employee of the Month Program
- Philanthropic support for charities such as Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation and the American Cancer Society
- Professional offices with a friendly team environment
Republic Finance, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age disability or veteran status in employment opportunities and benefits. Republic Finance, LLC maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.