Republic Finance is seeking a Business Analyst for the Loss Mitigation Strategy and Analytics team. In business for over 60 years, we are proud to be a trusted lender in over 200 communities across the Southeastern United States! Driven by our shared mission to pursue excellence for our team, our customers, and our performance, Republic Finance is transforming into a modern, fast-growing business. This is a key role with significant and broad responsibilities. This role will report to the Head of Loss Mitigation Strategy and Analytics and be a member of a 3-4 person team with substantial opportunity for growth within the company in concert with driving business expansion. As a team-member responsible for developing collections strategies and managing Loss Mitigation performance, you will be a key leader on all collections strategies and decisions and have significant input into all loss mitigation decisions and delinquency performance. You will work closely with operations, Branch managers, and internal/external partners to collaborate on broader strategic initiatives and shape the direction and growth of the overall business in a collaborative dynamic team environment. Strategic decisions will require balancing growth, risk and profitability. Job responsibilities are as follows:
- Develop best-in-class loss mitigation products that provide our consumers with solutions to their current financial situations while minimizing portfolio risk.
- Maintain transparent communication and trust with all key partners.
- Continuously challenge and improve loss mitigation policies and scorecards through analysis of customer behavior data and sophisticated statistical and financial modeling.
- Maintain a rigorous performance monitoring framework and associated management dashboards that readily highlight areas of confidence and areas in need of evaluation for resolution of concerns or exploitation of opportunities.
- Establish a robust infrastructure and plans that prudently test and learn loss mitigation and collections strategies.
- Similarly enable efficient diagnosis of root cause for variance from performance expectations.
- Build and maintain a robust economic framework that will serve as the foundation for business decision-making.
- Ensure loss mitigation policy remains aligned with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) field required, graduate STEM degree or MBA preferred
- 2-4 years of experience in the unsecured credit space including credit cards or installment lending at a sophisticated issuer of unsecured revolving and term loans
- Familiarity with loss mitigation and collections strategies, loss forecasting, and collections critical metrics
- 1+ year(s) of experience with SQL queries
- Proficiency with relevant data mining, data visualization, and statistical packages.
- Experience driving high profile initiatives with large cross-functional teams
- Ability to translate detailed results and observations into verbal and written summaries appropriate for senior executive consumption
- Intellectual curiosity and white space problem solving to drive analytically based decisions from sometimes incomplete data
- Collaborative and empathetic approach that enables collection of feedback and implementation of new strategies in a seamless way
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401 (K) and employer match
- Company provided Life Insurance & Long Term Disability
Additional benefits with Republic include:
- Regular drawings for sports tickets
- Employee of the Month Program
- Philanthropic support for charities such as Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation and the American Cancer Society
- Professional offices with a friendly team environment
Republic Finance, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age disability or veteran status in employment opportunities and benefits. Republic Finance, LLC maintains a Drug-Free Workplace. #zr2